Go Western & Join us for Family Read Night!
The SFA Reading Committee is excited to bring you this year’s Family Read Night on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 from 5:30-7:30pm. The theme for the book fair and Family Read Night is “Saddle Up and Read”. To get into the spirit, students are encouraged to “Go Western!” and wear their cowboy/cowgirl gear to school and to Family Read Night on Tuesday the 14th (see “Go Western” guidelines below).
Home and School will serve hotdogs in Cana Hall (while supplies last) while the Reading Committee will host a number of wild west-themed activities. These activities will include: games in the gym, campfire stories, western dancing, crafts and a photo booth. The Scholastic Book Fair will be open for shopping during Read Night as well.
Students who attend Family Read Night will receive a coupon for an extra spirit shirt and jeans day. Don’t miss it!
“Go Western” Guidelines
Students may wear cowboy/cowgirl or western-themed clothing to school and Family Read Night on 11/14/17. Please follow the guidelines below:
- This includes items like western/flannel shirts, vests, jeans, western/denim skirts or dresses, cowboy hats and cowboy boots.
- Clothing must be school appropriate (no rips or tears, not too short or too tight, no references to weapons or inappropriate language).
- Props and/or toys are prohibited (including but not limited to holsters, toy guns, lassos, stuffed animals, and spurs).
- Students not participating in our Go Western dress day must wear their uniform (this is not a spirit shirt and jeans day). Western wear may be layered with our school uniform. For example, a student may wear cowboy boots with their uniform.
- Students who are not in compliance with these guidelines and those indicated in the school handbook will need to contact parents to provide a uniform to wear.