The mission of the St. Anthony of Padua Library is to provide free-of-charge spiritually and intellectually enriching materials in support of our Catholic Christian faith to deepen the quality of spiritual life of St. Francis of Assisi parishioners.
The St. Anthony of Padua Library (parish library) is located in the main vestibule of the Church. We have many Catholic books, CDs, and DVDs appealing to all ages and tastes. The volunteers in the library will be able to assist anyone in their choice of materials. Library hours of operation are typically: Fridays after morning Mass and Sundays 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Please note, the library may be closed during Mass times and some holidays due to volunteers’ schedules. The church office may contact the library chair if you need an item during closed hours.
Checking Out a Book, CD, or DVD
Items can only be checked out by parishioners or catechumens for RCIA (approved by SFA priests and staff). Please see a library volunteer if you have questions.
Books and CDs may be checked out for three weeks. DVDs may be checked out for one week.
Please be sure to return all checked out items on time so that others may also enjoy them.
Suggested Spiritual Readings
- Imitation of Christ: Thomas A’Kempis (William C. Creasy transl.)
- Introduction to the Devout Life: Saint Francis de Sales
- The Soul of the Apostolate
- Spiritual Combat: Lorenzo Scupoli
- Beginning to Pray: Anthony Bloom
- Cloud of Unknowing
- The Three Conversions in the Spiritual Life: Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange
- The Lamb’s Supper: Scott Hahn
- Humility of Heart: Fr. Cajetan Mary da Bergamo
- Poverty of Spirit: Johannes Metz